Monday, January 26, 2009

Homemade Goodness




On my quest to put only good things into my families' bodies, I discovered a recipe for a homemade granola bar (which I never even thought was possible) and I would like to share it with all of my 1 reader(s) (thanks mom!) Here ya go:


Ingredients:


1 bag/box flavored granola

3/4 cup honey

3/4 cup butter

1 1/2 cups brown sugar

any snacky items you have around, ie pretzels, raisins, sunflower seeds, cheerios

chocolate chips


In a large saucepan, mix together honey, butter & brown sugar. Heat until boiling. Boil for one minute and remove from heat. Stir in granola. Stir in all snacky items that you are using, except for the chocolate chips. Transfer to a jelly roll pan or cookie sheet with sides. (be sure to grease this before you begin) Wet your hands and press granola mixture into place until it is compacted together. Sprinkle approx 1 cup chocolate chips into and press into place. Refridgerate for 30 minutes, then cut into bars. Try not to eat them all in one day!


Hope you enjoy!


N

No comments:

Post a Comment